Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Confusion, piss and condensed milk!

Had a long and interesting day today. Attended the opening of a new 5-star boutique hotel near my house, only to find out that the big do for the opening did not really signify the opening of the hotel for the hotel is still a few months away from actually opening. Confused? Yeah, so am I. But this is not to be dwelled upon at this godforsaken hour of drunken slumber (it is 2am and there's defintely enough alcohol floating in my veins to give my blood a good run for its money).

Met a certain big shot art curator at the aforementioned (non)opening. What I imagined would be a very awkward conversation, turned out to be a very pleasant and promising one. I'm quite knackered and if I could slur in my typing you'd see (or hear...whatever) that I'm really quite incoherent at the moment, but I will tell you why it could have been an awkward conversation. It was about four years ago, very soon after I finished my undergraduate degree that I first came in contact with the aforementioned big shot curator. Was utterly confused about what I wanted to do with myself at the time, but had a couple of sketches that seemed to have caught people's attention. Somebody called somebody, who in turn called someone else who then got me a meeting with big shot curator, who seemed to take kindly to the artwork at hand. The rest as they (yes 'they', the imaginary friends are back!) say was history. I handed over the sketches with the promise of returning with a few more so that he could show a full body of work to any prospective buyers, and never saw him again. Till this morning that is. But he was very nice about the whole thing and eventually ended up joining a bunch of my uncles, my dad and the self for a binge drinking session (he sensibly stuck to club soda) interrupted briefly by the uncles and your's truly chugging back two cans of condensed milk just for kicks!
Will put up some pictures of the condensed milk drinking ritual in the morn.
Conversation somehow turned to urine (yes, we were a bunch of pissheads talking about piss!) and the consumption of cow urine by humans... shockingly two out of the five of us sitting at the bar had been down that road and all they had to say about the whole experience was "It was warm". My guess is that it must have been very fresh. Hmmm.. nothing like a glass of fresh warm cow piss to start the day, eh! Health benefit or no health benefit I don't think I'd ever be able to knowingly drink any of that stuff.
I think I need to change the topic a bit and move onto another fun urine fact. Did you know that tweed is traditionally soaked in urine to soften the fabric? Yep it's true! I googled it. And to imagine that I saw some tweed a couple of days back that was priced at Rs 18,500 per metre because it was extra soft! Extra soft= Extra piss x extra time spent in piss. Yeah now feel that soft fabric against your cheek!

No comments:

Post a Comment